Where Innovative Solutions Begin
Highly-automated, robust data-collection capabilities
Full-time staff of engineers and technicians
Great collaboration tool for innovation
Designed for quick scale-up to commercial processes
The Pilot Plant is an integral part of our Product Development activities. After initial bench top experiments, we use the Pilot facilities to test and scale-up new products prior to full production plant trials. This also allows our clients to observe and participate in the co-development of new products.
The Pilot Plant consists of two operations:
- Multi-stage, Fixed bed catalyst system
- 80 L Reactor and Receiver unit with wiped film evaporator or batch distillation capabilities
Some typical projects we support are:
- Evaluate new homogeneous and heterogeneous catalyst programs to change the chemical structure of our products
- Evaluate potential new raw materials
- Evaluate new production techniques and different conditions to see how these changes affect final product performance
- Establish the optimum manufacturing parameters for new chemistries
- Manufacture larger sample sizes for more extensive end-use testing by our clients.